Should an emergency arise, your pet is our priority. You can feel assured they are in the best possible hands. Our nearby Lakeside Veterinary Hospital Carbondale location specializes in urgent care and emergency services, and our highly trained doctors are available to assist you. Our Carbondale location also sees emergencies for many other veterinarians in the area.
Our veterinarian is highly skilled in a wide variety of procedures, including ultrasound, digital x-ray, advanced orthopedic and soft tissue surgery. We now have a full in-house laboratory, ensuring quick and accurate diagnosis. Lakeside Veterinary Hospital will be prepared for your visit, whether you have a dog, cat, or exotic pet.
Emergency: (618) 529-2236
It is very difficult to determine medical conditions, patient stability and treatment options or fees by phone (without an examination). If you are concerned for any reason, please call in advance and have your pet examined as soon as possible.
For your convenience, Lakeside Veterinary Hospital’s Carbondale location is open 7 days a week and is happy to help you and your pet in an emergency any time from 12pm – 12am!
What is an emergency?
The following are considered true emergencies until proper evaluation is attained:
- Trauma (hit by vehicle, falling, drowning, electrocution or burns)
- Active Bleeding
- Difficulty Breathing or Swallowing
- Severe Lethargy
- Sudden Collapse or Weakness
- Abdominal Distention or Bloating
- Pain or Discomfort
- Pale or Discolored Gums, Tongue or Skin
- Excessive Coughing
- Discharge from the Eyes, Nose or Genitals
- Discolored or Abnormal Urination
- Excessive Vocalizing, Whimpering or Howling
- Abnormal Body Temperature
- Surgical Complications
- Chewing or Removal of Sutures, Bandages, Splints or Drains
- Not Eating or Drinking
Emergencies are handled out of our Lakeside Veterinary Hospital in Carbondale. If you believe you are experiencing an emergency, call our Lakeside Carbondale location right away: (618) 529-2236